Python in data mining – Seminar Abstract:
Data mining is a field that blends computer science and statistics to glean insight from large data sets. Data mining can be used for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Finding patterns in data
- Finding correlations between variables (e.g., how do people’s age and gender affect their voting behaviour?)
- Finding relationships between variables (e.g., do people with high incomes tend to vote Republican?)
What is data mining?Data mining is a field that blends computer science and statistics to glean insight from large data sets.
Numpy is the core library for scientific computing in Python.
Numpy is the core library for scientific computing in Python. It provides high-performance multidimensional arrays, numerical and graphical processing functions, vectorized mathematics and much more. Numpy is a Python scientific stack core module that works with other modules to provide robust data analysis tools.
Python – Pandas
Pandas is an open-source, BSD-licensed library providing high-performance, easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools for the Python programming language. It is available on the Python Package Index and can be installed using pip:
pip install pandas
Scikit learn is a free software machine learning library for Python programming.
Scikit-learn is a free software machine-learning library for the Python programming language. It provides a set of supervised and unsupervised algorithms for predictive modelling, including classification, regression, clustering and dimensionality reduction. The source code of Scikit-learn is hosted on GitHub under Apache License 2.0 (the same license as its dependencies).
Matplotlib is a plotting library for the Python programming language and its numerical mathematics extension NumPy.
Matplotlib is a plotting library for the Python programming language and its numerical mathematics extension NumPy. It allows you to create publication-quality plots and graphics in your Python applications, without the need to install a separate graphics system such as Inkscape or Gimp.
Matplotlib aims to be cross-platform (Windows, Mac OS X and Linux), affordable (free) and extendable/customizable through third-party packages rather than imposing any dependencies on external libraries like NumPy/scipy for example. You can use matplotlib with any data model supported by NumPy: NumPy arrays; pandas Series objects; MySQL databases; etcetera…
Python is one of the best modern tools for data mining
Python is an open-source programming language created by Guido Van Rossum in 1991. It is used for general-purpose programs, making it suitable for data mining as well as other types of software development.
Python has many advantages over other languages, including:
- It’s easy to learn and use. You can start writing code immediately after learning how to use the language!
- There are hundreds of free libraries available online that you can reuse in your projects or try out yourself with minimal effort (and no cost).
- You might already know some Python if you’ve ever worked on websites or applications that run on the Internet like Facebook or Google Docs!
In this article, we introduced the Python programming language and its libraries to help you get started with data mining. We showed how to use these tools for performing data analysis tasks like clustering, classification and regression modelling. We also went over some of their limitations and discussed how you can make them more useful in your work by harnessing the power of neural networks
- Big data And Business Intelligence (BI) or Market Intelligence, an introduction
- 10 Topics from Data Mining, Data Analytics, Big data, Predictive Analytics
- Data Mining – FULL Seminar Report
- CSE Seminar topics
- Python in Data Mining https://www.collegelib.com/python-data-mining/
- Python in Machine Learning https://www.collegelib.com/python-in-machine-learning/